A list of all our forthcoming events. Please click on the event for further information.
- November: Thursday 21st, The Midland Hotel - 12.00 noon - 2.00 pm
Time - 10.00 am Registration and Refreshments for a 10.30 am Start
Presenter - Steve Edge - Director - OPTSM Limited
Topic - Invoice Hijack! Beating the Fraudsters AND Improving your Business
This month's presentation is by Steve Edge, Director at OPTSM Limited.
A cyber crime that evades cyber security, Invoice Hijack is estimated by the FBI to have cost global business bn from 2016-19. £90m of losses to business were reported in the UK last year, with the average loss being £20k across nearly 4,500 payments.
It targets people and the Accounts Payable process in businesses of all sizes. This talk will help you understand the risks, what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. It will also show how working smarter can not only prevent losses but save you money and improve your business.
The presentation will cover:
- Invoice Hijack - the facts, the figures and the anatomy of an attack
- Why it evades cyber-security and why you?re only as secure as your weakest supplier
- Loss Prevention - protecting yourself and your clients
- The Robots are Coming? to protect you! Embrace them, protect yourself and improve your business
- December: Thursday 12th, THe Midland Hotel 12.00 noon - 2.00 pm
- January: Thursday 30th, The Lowry Hotel 12.00 noon - 2.00 pm
- February: Thursday 27th, The Lowry Hotel - 12.00 noon - 2.00 pm
- March: Thursday 26th, The Lowry Hotel - 12.00 noon - 2.00 pm
Photographs by Shoot Me Studios
Come and join us at
OUR NEXT EVENT
Thursday 21st November
The Midland Hotel - 12.00 noon - 2.00 pm
What members and guests say
"I thought the event was extremely well organised and all of the guests engaging."
Evac Chair International Ltd
"What a fabulous event at the Palace Hotel, it was truly inspirational"
LB Telecom Limited