Our next Manchester event
Wednesday 22nd May
The Lowry Hotel 12 Noon - 2.00 pm- Manchester
Time - 10.00 am Registration and Refreshments for a 10.30 am Start
Presenter - Nick Goss, Disability Specialist-Amy Bradley, Change 100, Leonard Cheshire
Topic - Is Your Organisation Disability Aware?
This month's seminar is being presented by Leonard Cheshire. a leading disability charity, in collaboration with Goss Consultancy Ltd.The presentation will highlight the positive impact that being 'Disability Aware' has on an organisation.
- Aspiring to better staff well-being and a forward-thinking workplace? Many of your current staff may be silently struggling with invisible disabilities. Better supporting them may be the key to improving retention, increasing productivity and loyalty.
- Needing new talent? People with disabilities are resilient, driven, and can offer invaluable and unique perspectives which you may be missing. Learn about our pioneering supported employment schemes for people with disabilities and employers to help you work towards being a Disability Confident employer.
- Want to increase your attractiveness for tenders and millennials? Socially responsible activity or community engagement is increasingly critical for many private and public sector tender bids. Further, 76% of millennials consider an employer?s CSR when deciding where to work.
If you or a colleague are the ?go to? for HR, accessibility, well-being or mental health first aid, come along.The presentation will touch on:
- Common feelings toward disability
- Why disability confidence in employment is essential to SMEs employer brand and critically contributes toward its business success.
- Ways of looking at/thinking about disability in relation to employment
- How, by getting the language and behaviour right towards disabled candidates, it gives employers disability confidence in working with disabled people and gives disabled people more confidence in working with SMEs to meet access and support needs in employment in an effective and appropriate way.
- Effective, reasonable adjustment management ? what, when and how, to ensure effective joining working in identifying, implementing and managing additional access requirements.
About The Presenters
Nick Goss, of Goss Consultancy works with a portfolio of organisations as diverse as BT and Thames Water to the NHS and Governmental departments, Goss Consultancy provides bespoke training, advice and consultation to ensure that businesses employ people, deliver services and develop policies that are as diverse, accessible and inclusive as possible. We will also take the opportunity to tell you about our amazing internships and programmes we run at Leonard Cheshire.
Amy Bradley, Fundraising Development Researcher, Leonard Cheshire. In September 2015, Amy started her PhD in Neuroimmunology at the University of Manchester. But a year later, she suddenly developed painful and mysterious symptoms affecting her entire body. Eight months later, she was diagnosed with Functional Neurological Disorder. Hear Amy?s story and how participating in Change 100, a Leonard Cheshire internship programme, she was able to fulfil a childhood dream.
Members - £39.95 - Book Here
Non Members - £42.50 - Book Here
Photographs by Shoot Me Studios
Come and join us at
OUR NEXT EVENT
Wednesday 22nd May
The Lowry Hotel 12 Noon - 2.00 pm
What members and guests say
"Having had the privilege of speaking at two of The Business Network events I only need one word to describe how they are organised, promoted and staged - BRILLIANT!"
Michael Heppell Ltd
"You have always run the most professional network of all the ones I have ever been to. "
Voodoo Agency Ltd